The Windows 8 Client and Windows Server 2012 General Availability Cumulative Update is available. This cumulative update package provides a collection of performance and reliability improvements to Windows 8. We recommend that you apply this cumulative update as part of your regular maintenance routines.
This cumulative update includes the following performance and reliability improvements:
- Increased power efficiency to extend battery life
- Performance improvements in Windows 8 applications and Start screen
- Improved audio and video playback in many scenarios
- Improved application and driver compatibility with Windows 8
The following known issues may occur after you apply this update:
- When you turn a Windows feature on or off, the computer may require a restart. For example, this action may be necessary when you turn Remote Access on or off.
Link to KB article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2756872)