System Center Updates Publisher 4.5 allows customers to import software update catalogs, create, modify, and export software update definitions, and publish software updates.
System Center Updates Publisher is a stand-alone tool that enables independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers to import software update catalogs, create and modify software update definitions, export update definitions to catalogs, and publish software updates information to a configured update server. By using updates Publisher to define software updates and publish them to the update server, administrators can begin detecting and deploying published updates to client and server computers in their organization. Feature Summary Updates Publisher enables administrators to do the following:
- Import catalogs created by non-Microsoft organizations or created from within the administrator’s organization
- Create applicability and deployment metadata for software updates.
- Export software update catalogs so that they can be imported by Updates Publisher at another location.
- Manage software updates information
- Ability to publish EXE, MSI or MSP updates only
- Synchronization command line tool (SCUPSync.exe) which enables you to import and publish updates without using the Updates Publisher console interface.
- Ability to publish updates as “metadata only”, which publishes the software update definition without the associated update file.
- Ability to configure proxy server credentials in the Updates Publisher console (when necessary)
Download details System Center Updates Publisher 4.5