Microsoft® PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010 is a data analysis tool that delivers unmatched computational power directly within the software users already know and love — Microsoft® Excel. You can transform mass quantities of data with incredible speed into meaningful information to get the answers you need in seconds. You can effortlessly share your findings with others. You can:
- Process millions of rows with about the same performance as few hundred rows using by leveraging PowerPivot in-memory engine and efficient compression algorithms
- Integrate data from a multitude of sources, including corporate databases, spreadsheets, reports, text files, and Internet data feeds.
- Go beyond standard Excel expressions and use PowerPivot’s Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) to perform powerful data manipulations. Follow relationships between tables as in a database and define sophisticated calculations using familiar and intuitive expressions.
- •Interactively explore, analyze, and create reports without depending on expert knowledge and specialty training by using native Excel 2010 functionality such as PivotTables, slicers, and other familiar analysis features.
We recommend you read the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Release Notes and Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Readme before installing this Community Technology Preview. To install and use Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010, complete the following steps in this order:
- 1. If you are running an operating system other than Microsoft® Windows® 7, install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. 2. Install Microsoft® Office 2010 Beta. Important : If you choose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, you must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Tools in order to use PowerPivot for Excel. 3. Install PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel Important : If you install the 32-bit version of Excel, you must use the 32-bit version of PowerPivot. If you install the 64-bit version of Excel, you must use the 64-bit version of PowerPivot.
- PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel X86 Executable (32 bit) PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel X64 Executable (64 bit)