Here is the fully functional trial version which will expire after six months:
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization as well as quickly build solutions and extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by capabilities for mission critical confidence. SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization as well as quickly build solutions and extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by capabilities for mission critical confidence:
- Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
- Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with ColumnStore Index
- Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
- Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with ColumnStore Index
- Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
- Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions
- What's new in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Privacy Statement
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 License Terms
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Systems Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Release Notes
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Readme
- This fully functional trial software will automatically expire after six months. You can obtain the fully licensed version at any time. For information about the different editions of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012, see the see the Editions page.
- Some components in this release have certain Internet-enabled features, including the Customer Experience Improvement Program and Error and Usage Reporting component, enabled by default to help us identify and address issues that you may encounter while using SQL Server. For more information and instructions on how to disable these features, see the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Privacy Statement.
- Some components in this software have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation – an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Unattended Installation – this is a command line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- 32-bit systems
- Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended.)
- 64-bit systems
- 1.4 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 2.2 GB of available hard disk space
There are two methods available to download and trial Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Evaluation as a DVD image and as self-extracting CAB file. SQL Server 2012 Evaluation DVD Image: This image file contains X86 and X64 installable versions. You can use this image to burn your own DVD.
- Click the download button for the .ISO file in the DOWNLOAD section on this page above
- Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. When you are prompted for a file to use, select the image file that you downloaded. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
- Download the following files to a temporary directory on your device:
- Once the download(s) are complete, double click on the SQLFULL_architecture_language_Install.exe to begin the setup process.