Today at Microsoft’s annual Worldwide Partner Conference in Denver, Microsoft announced that BizTalk Server 2006 R2 will be generally available in September. Microsoft also disclosed, pricing, licensing and two new SKUs – Branch Edition and SOA & Business Process Pack.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /?><o:p></o:p>
The following quote from Microsoft’s Burley Kawasaki summarizes the value the BizTalk Server 2006 R2 will bring to customers and partners:<o:p></o:p>
“The Business Process Management market represents a huge, growing opportunity for partners of all sizes and in all areas,” said Burley Kawasaki, Director, Connected Systems Division. “And with the innovations coming with BizTalk Server 2006 R2 such as RFID, Branch Edition, SOA & Business Process Pack and new ISV licensing, we’re hoping to continue to work toward bringing BPM into the mainstream.”<o:p></o:p>
The news highlights include:
· New Branch Edition: Intra-organizational connectivity (hub / spoke) is an important scenario for a number of customers – especially those in manufacturing and retail industries. Our new Branch Edition of BizTalk Server will significantly reduce the cost and complexity associated with connecting applications that are distributed across multiple locations that are often geographically diverse. Branch Edition includes Microsoft’s RFID functionality enabling customers to manage devices and capture RFID events. This functionality combined with the robust supply-chain functionality in BizTalk Server, Enterprise Edition, empowers customers to quickly build an end to end supply chain solution that covers RFID, EDI and integrates with backend applications. (Note: Deployment requires at least one installation of BizTalk Server Enterprise Edition).
· SOA & Business Process Pack: A single offering that includes key technologies and guidance for creating a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using the Microsoft platform. Assets included in this six-month promotional SKU are: BizTalk Server 2006 R2, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS), SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Team System, and OBA guidance. The SOA & Business Process Pack represents the products that customers most frequently purchase together when starting SOA and BPM projects. The Pack, along with additional guidance from Microsoft will allow new customers and new projects to get started more easily.
· ISV Embedded Licensing: This will make the build vs. buy decision that ISVs face today easier. The new embedded licensing, enables partners to build upon BizTalk and focus on higher level capabilities.<o:p></o:p>
Microsoft is committed to cultivating a rich partner ecosystem; therefore, we wanted to follow up with the latest statistics for Microsoft’s recently formed Business Process Alliance (BPA). Formed four months ago, the BPA represents a set of strategic partner alliances aimed to deliver greater customer choice of end-to-end BPM solutions on the Microsoft process platform. Since the formation in February 2007 the BPA has delivered: <o:p></o:p>
· 353 new customers<o:p></o:p>
· 350+ consulting and delivery partners<o:p></o:p>
· 50+ solutions offered<o:p></o:p>
· 7 product releases highlighting deeper integration with MS process platform technologies
For a link to today’s press release please visit here; For additional information and a fact sheet please visit http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/wwpc/docs/MSBizTalkServer2006FS.doc<o:p></o:p>