The OEM Hardware Solutions Competency (scheduled to launch in late 2005) will enable system builders to reach the Certified or Gold Certified Partner level in the Microsoft Partner Program. It will recognize your specialization and expertise in building PCs, servers and devices, and preinstalling Microsoft software. The benefits of attaining the OEM Hardware Solutions Competency include:
- Recognition, branding and logo usage. Distinguish your company as a Microsoft Certified or Gold Certified Partner that has attained the OEM Hardware Solutions Competency through custom logos and other premium marketing resources from Microsoft.
- Customer referrals. Get priority listing in the Microsoft Resource Directory where customers go to find partners offering PC or server hardware preinstalled with Microsoft software. Get listed in the Channel Builder tool that can help you build better networks and partnerships with other Microsoft partners in your area.
- More technical support and training. Get the free Microsoft Partner 5-pack of Professional Support, plus Pre-sales Technical Support, and for Gold Certified Partners, 40 hours of proactive support from a Technical Service Coordinator—all worth more than US$8,000. You will also have access to valuable technical training on new Microsoft technologies.
- More internal-use software licenses. Gold Certified Partners get 100 licenses of Windows XP Professional and Office 2003 and other Microsoft software worth more than US$45,000. Certified Partners get as many as 25 licenses of Windows XP Professional and Office 2003 and other Microsoft software and are entitled to software matching of up to 25 additional licenses.
- Account management. Microsoft Certified and Gold Certified Partners are allocated Microsoft account management resources for a closer partnership with Microsoft. (These resources may not be available in all regions.) Continue At Source